[Spacewalk-list] Oracle bites again (ORA-02291)

Mario Mikocevic mario.mikocevic at t-com.hr
Mon Aug 6 08:44:32 UTC 2012

On 08/06/2012 09:28:14 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

> What did Oracle support tell you when you reported this issue to them?
> Is it a bug and as such, when will it be fixed or what's the
> workaround? Or is it considered an expected behaviour?

When my DB Admin coleague contacted Oracle about it, he got confirmation
that it is a bug in Oracle but with no immediate resolution fix.

Over the weekend we kinda fixed it,
oracle optimization bug is basicaly in skipping presetting and/or initializing
'vital' DB areas so we just browsed through DB structure.
Granted, this works only for situations when DB is already set.

So, my spacewalk production is back online.

For instalations you can use https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-May/msg00023.html fix !

--
T-Com
Odjel za upravljanje mrežom i uslužnim platformama /