[Spacewalk-list] can/cannots of Spacewalk: some questions

Registros Web registros.web at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:30:28 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'll be grateful if anyone can give an answer to this questions:

- Is it possible to have files removed with SW?. I know files can be
deployed but is there a way to tell SW to delete arbitrary files in
case they exists??. And what about move/copy them?. For example I want
to make a backup of the actual file before deploying a replacement.

- Package installation/removal. I know that you can tell SW to install
some packages at the moment of a client registration (which BTW
doesn't work for me) but, is it possible to tell SW which packages you
want a system (or group) to have installed and NOT installed?. For
example, I want my systems to have installed package 'telnet' and have
package 'nfs-common' removed if installed, and I want all that to be
checked regularly, not only on client registration. Is this possible
with SW?.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Fred.

“Free software” is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the
concept, you should think of “free” as in “free speech”, not as in
“free beer”.
Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy,
distribute, study, change and improve the software.