[Spacewalk-list] check /etc/nsswitch.conf after yum update

Josh Preston JoshPreston at dswinc.com
Tue Aug 14 11:40:39 UTC 2012

I concur, I just received an errata last night regarding Bug Fix Advisory
- RHBA-2012:1160-1.

---

Updated sudo packages that fix one bug are now available for Red Hat
Enterprise
Linux 5.

The sudo (superuser do) utility allows system administrators to give
certain
users the ability to run commands as root.

This update fixes the following bug:

* The RHSA-2012:1149 sudo security update introduced a regression that
caused
the permissions of the /etc/nsswitch.conf file to change during the
installation
or upgrade of the sudo package. This could cause various services to be
unable
to access the file. In reported cases, this bug prevented PostgreSQL from
starting. This update fixes the bug and the file's permissions are no
longer
changed in the described scenario. (BZ#846974)

All users of sudo are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
fix
this bug.

---

Joshua Preston ­ JoshPreston at dswinc.com