[Spacewalk-list] RHEL5 spacewalk postgresql 1.6 - Issue over yum on kickstarted machine

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Fri Aug 17 15:35:10 UTC 2012

Interesting.  I'm having the same problem now.   I set up RHEL6 and Optional and Supplementary sub channels and ran reposync for each of them.    I'm setting up a Spacewalk Proxy Server and after registering it to the base channel and enabling the optional sub channel I was trying to install the spacewalk components and had trouble.   So I tried this:

yum --verbose repolist
Updating certificate-based repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity
Config time: 0.079
Looking for repo options for [main]
Looking for repo options for [rhel-x86_64-server-6]
Repo 'rhel-x86_64-server-6' setting option 'enabled' = '1'
Repo 'rhel-x86_64-server-6' setting option 'gpgcheck' = '1'
Looking for repo options for [rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6]
Repo 'rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6' setting option 'enabled' = '1'
Repo 'rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6' setting option 'gpgcheck' = '1'
Yum Version: 3.2.29
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rhel-x86_64-server-optional-6. Please verify its path and try again

When I look for repomd.xml files I see this:

locate repomd.xml
/var/cache/yum/x86_64/6Server/epel/repomd.xml
/var/cache/yum/x86_64/6Server/jpackage-generic/repomd.xml
/var/cache/yum/x86_64/6Server/rhel-x86_64-server-6/repomd.xml
/var/cache/yum/x86_64/6Server/spacewalk/repomd.xml
/var/cache/yum/x86_64/6Server/spacewalk-client/repomd.xml

How is the repomd.xml file supposed to get put in the right place on the client system?   Which log files on the client or the Spacewalk master server should I be looking at?

Thanks,
Robert