[Spacewalk-list] ISE Executing Remote Commands via SSM

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 13:40:20 UTC 2012

Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) wrote:
% I changed the script around slightly and got it to work.  The failing line
% was the
%
% SPACEHOST=$(awk -F= '/^serverURL=/ {print $2}'
% /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date|sed 's+.*//\(.*\)/XMLRPC+\1+')
%
%
% I removed the pipe to sed and modified my awk statement a bit.  Getting
% rid of the sed cleared it up completely, so scheduling a remote command on
% one or many servers results in an ISE with something in the following:
%
% sed 's+.*//\(.*\)/XMLRPC+\1+'
%
% I'm guessing one or more characters is not getting escaped properly
% (perhaps the backslashes)?

Is there any error in /var/log/up2date on the client?

You may also schedule remote action and then run 'rhn_check -vvv' on
the client manually to see some more verbose output.

% Greg Wojtak

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat