[Spacewalk-list] Equal signs in variables and kernel options

Sascha Bendix sascha.bendix at 360t.com
Tue Aug 21 12:22:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have multiple ldap domains for different systems managed by my central spacewalk 1.7 server on CentOS 6.2.

As I want to use the same sinppets for configuring authentication, I would like to put it as variable into the kickstart file.

If I do this I get an error message like the following as soon as the is an equal sign in the value:

> You have specified an invalid variable: 'LDAP_BASEDN="dc=example,dc=com'. Variables should be name value pairs, separated by a '=' symbol, with each pair being separated by a new line. For example: 'ip=192.168.0.1'

I tried different ways to escape it, but was not successful.

Does anyone know how I can/have to escape the equal signs ??

Regards,

Sascha

P.S.: I also tried to use the kernel options line for it. As soon as I click "Update kickstart" the variable is removed somehow. Seems to be a small bug, but anyway.

believed to be clean.