[Spacewalk-list] Spacecmd - strangeness on piping

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 29 07:03:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm using spacecmd in a few places and I noticed a strangeness, that I
wanted to ask you guys about.
I'm still running spacewalk-1.6 (on postgres) on a Fedora16 box, maybe
thats the issue, but then it might not:

running something like
spacecmd -q softwarechannel_listsystems fedora16-x86_64
produces a nice-enough list - just as I expect it:
hias.mydomain.de
ibis111.mydomain.de
ibis138.[...]

however, writing that list into a file
spacecmd -q softwarechannel_listsystems fedora16-x86_64 > /tmp/f16.txt

results in a few bad characters written in the beginning of the file:
^[[?1034hhias.mydomain.de
ibis111.mydomain.de
ibis138...[...]

Where does that strange string "^[[?1034h" come from? It's pretty
consistent across all pipes of spacecmd that I'm using,
and its quite irritating, since I haven't been able to discover the why,
where, and hms? about it.

If anyone could shed a light on that for me,
I'd be most greatful,
Best
-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc.
Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology

WWW: http://mips.helmholtz-muenchen.de

Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstädter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess und Dr. Nikolaus Blum
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671