[Spacewalk-list] Firewall requires internal Mirroring EPEL and spacewalk repos

Boyd, Robert Robert.Boyd at peoplefluent.com
Thu Aug 30 16:27:46 UTC 2012

Thank you for pointing this out -- I've been working on my own script by hand based on the instructions and my efforts at registering clients and working through the various steps and issues that come up.

I actually have a script that looks a lot like what that bootstrap might generate with some additional customization.

I'd like to see the wiki page for registering clients incorporate a discussion about approaches to registering clients especially for people who will have to deal with diverse datacenters with firewalls and proxy servers and such.  I'd also like to have  the instructions about using the bootstrap script and why/how it can be used ... with actual examples of generated scripts.  When I'm learning new software I do not like reading instructions that leave so much to the imagination or assume the level of experience of the reader to be at or near the level of the writer.

I do very much appreciate the contents of the wiki so far.   There are ways I would like to see it improved.

Thank you
Robert

  We do it on RHN Satellite with a bootstrap.sh script which installs the certificate and client tools, and registers the client.       There's a rhn-bootstrap command to create a script prototype.  There's doc on how to edit and use it embedded in the generated script.

  Manpage at:

   http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/45/idpl/17612362/numer/1/nazwa/rhn-bootstrap