[Spacewalk-list] Please verify my kickstart configuration

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 17:10:53 UTC 2012

You can use kickstarts to deploy to vmware VMs the only thing is spacewalk
will be unaware of the virtualization platform under the vm.

Tftpd is run by xinetd when a connection is made to the port but it
gennerally isn't running all the time. If there are no connections to the
port then xined will stop the running instances of tftpd and respwan them
when a new connection is made to the port.
On Dec 4, 2012 9:21 AM, "William Muriithi" <william.muriithi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Can you please check my below 3 steps that i used to create kickstart
> > configuration. It is not working.
> >
> > 1)  Created Distribution
> >
> > Distribution Label*:  Centos-6-x86_64_kickstart
> > Tree Path*:  /var/distro-trees/Centos-6-x86_64
> > Base Channel*:  spacewalk_cli
> > Installer Generation*:  Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
> >

> > 2) Then created Profile.
> >
> > 3) Set dhcp server on my vmware client and got logs for offering IP
> > address.
> >
> >From the documentation, I think kickstart deployments are only supported
for xen and kvm. Please correct me if this is not the case