[Spacewalk-list] "Differences exist in a file that is not readable by all. Re-deployment of configuration file is recommended." on configuration file comparsion

redacted redacted at example.com
Fri Dec 7 11:37:24 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I've updated my Spacewalk recently and was quite disappointed, that now
I'm not able to diff my files, which are not available for others.
Instead of diff I have the following message: "Differences exist in a
file that is not readable by all. Re-deployment of configuration file is
recommended."

It's very good from the security point of view, but shouldn't be there
some option to disable this kind of protection, or make it more flexible?

In my situation - only privileged users has access to their systems on
Spacewalk.

Is there any other possibility to diff those files?

Thank you