[Spacewalk-list] "Differences exist in a file that is not readable by all. Re-deployment of configuration file is recommended." on configuration file comparsion

redacted redacted at example.com
Fri Dec 7 12:04:32 UTC 2012

Thank you Fran,

Unfortunately, it bechaves the same way even locally:

[root@*** ~]# rhncfg-client diff /etc/ldap.conf
Using server name *************
Differences exist in a file that is not readable by all. Re-deployment
of configuration file is recommended.[root@*** ~]#

However, the main advantage of this system was doing almost everything
from web interface...
For me - this is a significant functionality degradation. I use Files
Compare quite often.

On 07/12/2012 12:48, Fran Garcia wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 11:37 AM, redacted <redacted at example.com> wrote:
>
> What about checking from the clients themselves? :
>
> # rhncfg-client verify
>  modified /etc/hosts
> # rhncfg-client diff
> <diff>
>
> There's probably a more elegant way from the Spacewalk web interface, but... :-)
>
> HTH

Best regards,
redacted
Sr System Administrator