[Spacewalk-list] up2date issues

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:54:36 UTC 2012

Jan,

> > I get the following error when I run yum search *** on one of the yum
> > client subscribed to spacewalk
> >

> > [Thu Nov 22 16:32:21 2012] up2date logging into up2date server
> >
> > [Thu Nov 22 16:32:21 2012] up2date successfully retrieved
> > authentication token from up2date server
> >
> > [Thu Nov 22 16:32:21 2012] up2date
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >
> >   File "/usr/sbin/rhn_check", line 333, in __run_action
> >
> >     (status, message, data) = CheckCli.__do_call(method, params, kwargs)
> >
> >   File "/usr/sbin/rhn_check", line 325, in __do_call
> >
> >     method = getMethod.getMethod(method, "/usr/share/rhn/", "actions")
> >
> >   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/getMethod.py", line 78, in
getMethod

> Doesn't the traceback continue? What is in the server logs?

Thanks for follow up. I eventually over came the problem.  My suspension
is, it was caused by leaving out the GPG details under channel.

I solved it by removing the channel, dumping all rpm and creating the
channel a new and syncing up with the repository again.   Have worked well
since then.

Again, highly appreciate the follow up.

Why do we have configuration under up2date though, while redhat have long
dumped up2date for yum? Not important, just curious.

William