[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk eats up all connections to postgres

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:45:52 UTC 2012

> What version of Spacewalk are you running? The patched python-psycopg2
> fixed my connection growth and hanging update statements. Updating to
> 1.8 finally solved my idle in transaction connections.
>
> My connection count varies between 40 and 60 but it is stable.
> This is SW18 on CentOS 6.3 with PostgreSQL 8.4 and managing ~40 hosts
> (some over a proxy).

Spacewalk 1.8, postgres 8.4 (from centos not upstream), centos 6.3

Current host count is 40 ....

I'm reasonably sure that my hanging transactions are related to the config
management side (lots of log data in the bugzilla entry) which I'm using
reasonably heavily...

I'm in the process of migrating the config to puppet instead and then
seeing if that makes a difference with config management unused.