[Spacewalk-list] Hardware Vendor Repos

Cameron Kerr cameron.kerr at otago.ac.nz
Mon Dec 10 17:22:34 UTC 2012

The non-rpm files will not pose a problem. I imported HPs repo a few says ago without problem.

I would wonder though why you don't have more o a 1:1 repo:channel relationship, and then manage membership using the same methodology as with channels.

For example, I have custom channels for each third-part/ISV component that makes up part of our standard opener rating environment (SOE).

You could then also have separate activation keys which enable a particular SOE +HP_Proliant, or +VMWare_guest. You could then put in some logic in the kick start which does some hardware inspection and uses a comma-separated list of activation keys. However, this is currently a hypothesis, and is not something I have actively explored.

--
Cameron Kerr