[Spacewalk-list] sync yum group information into Spacewalk

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 09:12:43 UTC 2012

> Where should the yum group xml file be placed in the above example for
> spacewalk-repo-sync to find it and sync it into our Spacewalk 1.8 server? I
> have tried to name it comps.xml and place it in the
> /var/www/html/repository/inhouse_stored/repodata directory, didn’t work. I
> have tried to compress it using gzip so its name becomes comps.xml.gz,
> still didn’t work.****
>
> ** **

It's not enough to just have that file there - it has to be referenced in
the repomd.xml file  (similar with the security update information) for
spacewalk-repo-sync to pick it up...

If you use createrepo to make a local repo and include the -g switch it
should include the relevant information in repomd.xml for the groups
present...