[Spacewalk-list] Purging not related packages

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 15:47:33 UTC 2012

Ciro Iriarte wrote:
% Hi, give some recomendations in the list I decided to separate some
% packages from the main channel and create sub channels for them.
%
% For example, all official RHEL packages (from differente RHN Channels)
% would go in one channel, the same for SLES but third party package should
% go in different sub-channels (epel, obs, jpackage, etc).
%
% The thing is that after excluding the EPEL repository the main RHEL5/RHEL6
% channels still include the EPEL packages.What's the best way to purge the
% no longer related packages from the channel?.

I'm afraid the only way is to create your own script which will remove
packages via API.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat