[Spacewalk-list] Purging not related packages

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 09:51:13 UTC 2012

Ciro Iriarte wrote:
% 2012/12/14 Michael Mraka <michael.mraka at redhat.com>
%
% > Ciro Iriarte wrote:
% > % Hi, give some recomendations in the list I decided to separate some
% > % packages from the main channel and create sub channels for them.
% > %
% > % For example, all official RHEL packages (from differente RHN Channels)
% > % would go in one channel, the same for SLES but third party package should
% > % go in different sub-channels (epel, obs, jpackage, etc).
% > %
% > % The thing is that after excluding the EPEL repository the main
% > RHEL5/RHEL6
% > % channels still include the EPEL packages.What's the best way to purge the
% > % no longer related packages from the channel?.
% >
% > I'm afraid the only way is to create your own script which will remove
% > packages via API.
% >
% > Regards,
% >
% > --
% > Michael Mráka
% > Satellite Engineering, Red Hat
% >
% > _______________________________________________
% > Spacewalk-list mailing list
% > Spacewalk-list at redhat.com
%
%
% Hmm, what about a one-shot command to delete all the packages from that
% channel?, I'm ok with downloading all the required packages again in this
% case....

Then you can remove all packages from channel from in WebUI, go to
 Channels >
  Manage Software Channels >
   your_channel_name >
    Packages >