[Spacewalk-list] Switching from rhn-clone-errata to eva-direct-errata-sync

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:10:22 UTC 2012

Hello,
I'm currently using rhn-clone-errate to sync RHN errata.
But we've recently added centos distribution, so I need to create errata
for centos as well.
I've been looking at eva-direct-errata, which seems really interesting but
I don't understand how it works.
- How can I configure a proxy to connect to RHN?
- I have the following channels configured:
1 - CentOS 5 Base with Cent0S 5 Updates as child channel
2 - rhel 5 Server
3 - RHEL 5 Workstation
4 - CentOS 6 Base with CentOS 6 Updates as child channel
5 - RHEL 6 Server with RHEL 6 optionnal as child channel
As I understand the script, I need to launch it 5 times, changing source
channels, dest channels and "rewirtepackagereleasefrom/to". Is it correct?
- Is it possible to put some configuration directives (such as
user/password information) in a config file?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Pierre