[Spacewalk-list] postgresql84-contrib conflict with PGDG postgresql-contrib.8.4

Matt Warren mwarren at hnw.com
Tue Dec 18 18:53:27 UTC 2012

>>We use PostgreSQL for other backends and have been installing via the
>>PGDG yum for more timely updates.
>>
>> When yum install spacewalk-postgresql is run I get conflicts with the
>>PGDG packages already installed.
>>
>> Is there any way to override this behavior?
>> Or workaround to do a non-db-specific install because I have all the
>>postgresql bits installed already?
>>

>https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-November/msg00146.html
>
>Basically: if you don't like the Requires list in the
>spacewalk-postgresql package, just don't use it and install all
>dependencies manually.

I'd read that message but found "install all dependencies manually" left
me with questions.

Primarily, What is the best "root" package of a dependency tree to get a
non-db-specific install? spacewalk-base?

Are there aspects (scripts, commands) of system setup using Postgres that
I'd then be missing?

Thanks,
Matt