[Spacewalk-list] converting from get_errata.pl to eva-direct-errata-sync.pl

Alan Pittman Alan.Pittman at publix.com
Wed Dec 19 19:03:36 UTC 2012

Hi,
 I am in the processing of setting up a new Spacewalk server for my RHEL machines. My current server is scheduled to be retired sometime in 2013. I am running RHEL6.3 and using Spacewalk 1.7. On my current machine, I run get_errata.pl. It works, but it's really slow. On my new machine, I would like to use eva-direct-errata-sync.pl.

 I just completed a test run with eva-direct and it seemed to run to completion, but it never loaded anything into Spacewalk. At least, when I logon and click on Errata, nothing appears. Reviewing the output I see allot of the following:

checking if RHSA-2007:0153 exists on the destination host
Getting details for RHSA-2007:0153
getting RHSA-2007:0153 from the source
Getting details for RHSA-2007:0153
Skipping errata RHSA-2007:0153 because none of its packages could be found in the destination channels
checking if RHSA-2007:0157 exists on the destination host
Getting details for RHSA-2007:0157
getting RHSA-2007:0157 from the source
Getting details for RHSA-2007:0157
getting details for package xorg-x11-apps
getting details for package xorg-x11-apps
Skipping errata RHSA-2007:0157 because none of its packages could be found in the destination channels
checking if RHSA-2007:0123 exists on the destination host
Getting details for RHSA-2007:0123
getting RHSA-2007:0123 from the source
Getting details for RHSA-2007:0123
Skipping errata RHSA-2007:0123 because none of its packages could be found in the destination channels

Here's the script and the options that I used:

#/bin/bash

/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/sbin/eva-direct-errata-sync.pl \
--sourceuser=AAAAAA \
--destinationuser=BBBBBBBB \
--sourcepassword=XXXXXXXXXX \
--destinationpassword=ZZZZZZZZZZ \
--sourcechannel=rhel-i386-server-5 \
--destinationchannel=rhel-i386-server-5 \
--sourceserver=rhn.redhat.com \
--destinationserver=localhost \
--recursive \
--verbose

Here's my Spacewalk channel structure:
   Parent:
       Channel name: rhel-i386-server-5   Channel Label: rhel-32bit-server-5
  Children:
       Channel name: rhel-i386-server-5-rhn-tools                         Channel label:  rhel-32bit-server-5-rhn-tools
       Channel name: rhel-i386-server-5-spacewalk-client-1.7  Channel label:  rhel-32bit-server-5-spacewalk-client-1.7
       Channel name: rhel-i386-server-5-supplementary             Channel label:  rhel-32bit-server-5-supplementary
       Channel name: rhel-i386-server-5-updates                           Channel label:  rhel-32bit-server-5-updates

The same structure exists for RHEL5-x86_64 and both RHEL6 channels.

I use mrepo to get the packages and I use spacewalk-repo-sync to load them. Here's an example:

/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel rhel-32bit-server-5-rhn-tools --type yum

In the channels I have the following number of packages:
rhel-i386-server-5-rhn-tools                         233
rhel-i386-server-5-spacewalk-client-1.7  21
rhel-i386-server-5-supplementary             93
rhel-i386-server-5-updates                           2559

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can look at to determine what's wrong, I would appreciate it.

Alan

Alan Pittman
Publix Super Markets, Inc
863-686-8754 x46320
alan.pittman at publix.com

Unix is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends are.