[Spacewalk-list] looking for kernel mangement recommendations

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:51:58 UTC 2012

I would go with route 2 with some alterations
you should get into the habit of taking snapshots the host that way
you can always compare and role back updates
The other thing is you still need mrepo as a middle man for RHN. So
optionally you can alter the repos after they synced to move the
kernel update packages to a repo and sync them to a different channel
and copy them over to the standard channel when you are ready to push
them to hosts.
The trick is you could then never subscribe the hosts to the channel
with the new kernel updates unless it a test host you are using to
test the latest greatest versions of packages.