[Spacewalk-list] converting from get_errata.pl to eva-direct-errata-sync.pl

Alan Pittman Alan.Pittman at publix.com
Fri Dec 21 17:46:15 UTC 2012

Based on the reply below, I decided to spend all day Thursday adding the additional RHEL channels and sync-ing them up. Then I re-ran the eva-direct-errata-sync.pl program/script. After letting it run all night (or however long it took), I logged on to the GUI and went to the errata screen. Selected "all" and nothing was displayed. See the attached jpeg.

When I ran the errata-sync script, I redirected all of standard out to a file in /tmp. Reviewing the file showed hundreds of messages like this:

checking if RHSA-2012:1483 exists on the destination host

Getting details for RHSA-2012:1483

getting RHSA-2012:1483 from the source

Getting details for RHSA-2012:1483

Skipping errata RHSA-2012:1483 because none of its packages could be found in the destination channels

Based on your reply, it makes sense that the older errata would and should be skipped. However, using the errata listed above (RHSA-2012:1483), I did some research. When I look up this one on the Red Hat Customer Portal, it's for Thunderbird. Specifically for packages:

RHEL Optional Productivity Applications (v. 5 server)
IA-32:

thunderbird-10.0.11-1.el5_8.i386.rpm

x86_64:

thunderbird-10.0.11-1.el5_8.x86_64.rpm

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (v. 6)

________________________________

SRPMS:

thunderbird-10.0.11-1.el6_3.src.rpm

    MD5: ff2af052f366c47bc2dc85a678be69fa
SHA-256: fcab1a66282f61f1c7d70ef0a1510c26192efe336fd00a32f7dba384b1551b4b

IA-32:

thunderbird-10.0.11-1.el6_3.i686.rpm

    MD5: 086fd6f439cf7c5b72ce26569c36fa0f
SHA-256: fc22b80774490a0ee135dd3d955faa402fd4b93379c915706009acfc7e3b173b

thunderbird-debuginfo-10.0.11-1.el6_3.i686.rpm

I then looked up thunderbird in the GUI and found the same rpms (see the Thunderbird gif image). So, I guess I'm not understanding standing. Is there something I'm missing? Is there some additional debugging options/parameters that I can turn on (I'm not a perl expert) that might help me debug this problem?

Alan