[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk-repo-sync taking over a minute to report no updates needed

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:14:54 UTC 2012

Hello List,

     I have a Spacewalk 1.6 installation that has channels with over 2000+
packages in them. With these packages the initial sync completes and all
packages are in Spacewalk. When I perform additional syncs to determine if
there are any new packages the sync takes over a minute to report that
there are no new packages to sync. For example I have a channel with 2764
packages. The total time that is displayed on this sync was 0:01:08. This
to me seems like a really long time just to report there are no updates. Is
there any way to speed this sync up? Thank you for your time and have a
great day!

Regards,
Jeremy