[Spacewalk-list] Profile rollback problem

uri van creveld uri.van.creveld at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:54:34 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm runnning spacewalk 1.5 on rhel5 server and clients.
I want to be able to install/revert errata as needed.
However - after applying all erratas to rhel 5.3 server, rollback does not
work.
When i compare the system to the ols profile, the output is confusing. Some
packages, such as the kernel and gcc are listed as 'profile only' although
a newer version is installed.
When trying to sync, the operation fails with a message that says that the
old kernel version is already installed, and therefore it aborts.
I tried manually removing the old kernel - and the rollback now fails,
saying cpp is needed by gcc qnd that autofs conflicts with cyrus-sasl-lib.

This does not seem to be reliable at all.
Can someone help me?
Thanx,
Uri