[Spacewalk-list] osad not working with Spacewalk proxy server

Sean Carolan scarolan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:43:52 UTC 2012

Maybe one of you have already solved this in the past.  We have a
master Spacewalk server which is working just fine.  All clients are
able to contact the jabber server and receive push updates, etc. Our
proxy server is registered with the master server and is also working
ok for the most part.  New clients can register and they are showing
up in the GUI.  So far so good. The problem we're having is that none
of the clients who are pointed at the proxy server can use osad.  When
we try to start osad on these machines we get this error:

Traceback caught:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 610, in connect
    ssl.do_handshake()
Error: [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate
verify failed')]

                                                           [FAILED]

I've googled, scoured through the documentation, and tried fiddling
with various settings but nothing seems to work.  The dates on all
three machines (master, proxy, and client) are all set correctly, and
all using GMT.  Is the proxy server supposed to have a different ssl
cert for jabber communication?