[Spacewalk-list] Adding files to system "Locally-Managed Configuration" using spacecmd

Michel Hendriks hendriks.michel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:12:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

Maybe is cannot be done by spacecmd but with some other rhn tooling.

I can not upload a file from the client but when I add a file to locally
managed using the webUI I see
the file from the client and I also see in which config channel the file
appears which is the system ID
of the client.

For example :

I add file [ /etc/testfile ] to locally managed channel ( webUI ) I see the
following on my client :

# rhncfg-client verify | grep missing
          missing /etc/testfile

# rhncfg-client list | egrep 'DoFoS|testfile'
DoFoS        Config Channel   File
F            1000010697     /etc/testfile

so the name of the "locally managed" config channel is a number which is
corresponding with the
system ID of the client.

But when using the name of this channel from the client is appears to be
non-existing

# rhncfg-manager add -c '1000010697' /etc/testfile2
Error: config channel 1000010697 does not exist

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Michel Hendriks <hendriks.michel at gmail.com