[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk on Oracle Linux - Cannot install Perl-Newt

Gomes, Rich rich.gomes at uniform.aramark.com
Wed Feb 22 19:18:20 UTC 2012

Hello All

We have a requirement to run Spacewalk on an Oracle Linux server.
The only issue I seem to be having is when installing Spacewalk, I get the following:

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Newt) is needed by package SatConfig-cluster-1.54.10-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)

There is not a version of Newt for OEL 5.5 and trying to install just the rpm from an rpm search gives me the following:

Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.10.1) is needed by package perl-Newt-1.08-26.el6.x86_64 (/perl-Newt-1.08-26.el6.x86_64)

Trying to update perl gives me literally hundreds of dependency errors.

Trying to install Newt from CPAN gives me the following:

button.c:1:19: error: slang.h: No such file or directory

And then gives Cannot Make error (even though slang is installed)

Is there any work around for this?

Thanks,
Rich

Rich Gomes | Senior Systems Administrator,  AUCA System Services | ARAMARK Uniform & Career Apparel
Tel: 781.763.4508 |  Fax: 781.763.2508
Rich.Gomes at uniform.aramark.com<mailto:Rich.Gomes at uniform.aramark.com> | www.aramark-uniform.com<http://www.aramark-uniform.com/>