[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk on Oracle Linux - Cannot install Perl-Newt

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 10:17:13 UTC 2012

Gomes, Rich wrote:
% Hello All
%
% We have a requirement to run Spacewalk on an Oracle Linux server.
% The only issue I seem to be having is when installing Spacewalk, I get the following:
%
% Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Newt) is needed by package SatConfig-cluster-1.54.10-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)
%
% There is not a version of Newt for OEL 5.5 and trying to install just the rpm from an rpm search gives me the following:
%
% Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.10.1) is needed by package perl-Newt-1.08-26.el6.x86_64 (/perl-Newt-1.08-26.el6.x86_64)
%
% Trying to update perl gives me literally hundreds of dependency errors.

Because you are trying to install package which is compiled against perl-5.10.*
while you have perl-5.8.8-* installed.

% Trying to install Newt from CPAN gives me the following:
%
% button.c:1:19: error: slang.h: No such file or directory

I guess this is part of slang-devel package.

% And then gives Cannot Make error (even though slang is installed)
%
% Is there any work around for this?
%
% Thanks,