[Spacewalk-list] OSA Not Picking Up Actions - Most of the Time

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 13:17:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 01:03:23PM +0000, Wojtak, Greg (Superfly) wrote:
> Thanks Jan.  I'll dig into whether these machines (specifically the last
> one) are getting their actions picked up.  That's good to know about not
> cleaning up /var/lib/jabber/db - it seemed like for a while there that
> recommendation was flying around all over this list.

That recommendation was a result of community creativity and it never
could have improved the situation significantly. It should never be
done unless as specified in certain situations by the upgrade
documentation.

> On a side note, I've noticed that after upgrading the spacewalk server to
> 1.6, any 1.6 clients are consistently picking up their actions as long as

Great, thank you for confirming this.

> they are not behind a proxy.  I've not tested the success rate for servers
> connecting through a proxy.

We have bugzilla 795680 for osad through proxy issue.

--
Jan Pazdziora