[Spacewalk-list] Yum doesn't communicate with server

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 21:16:06 UTC 2012

On 28.2.2012 20:48, Nilton Moura wrote:
> I have one doubt. What is better? Use on the RHEL clients packages from
> spacewalk-client repo or the official packages by RHN? (talking about
> rhn-setup, rhn-check, etc.). If I use packages from spacewalk-client
> repo I can lost technical support on the host, but if I use official
> packages, something maybe cannot work properly I guess. Am I wrong?

For production server? Use official package from Red Hat.
Of course Spacewalk version is latest greatest and über cool, but may
also contains some bugs.
Packages in RHEL got all important bugs backported. And even most
features. And it is supported.
If you pay for RHEL, get what you are paying for. Seriously.

But on your developers station you can use Spacewalk version, just to
see what will land in RHEL soon.

Mirek