[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client RPMs are not signed !?

James Fillman jfillman at central1.com
Tue Jan 3 23:29:38 UTC 2012

I'm setting up my Spacewalk server to support CentOS6 servers. I've created a new base channel for CentOS6 along with child channel for extras, updates, and Spacewalk client RPMs. I've just discovered that none of the spacewalk client RPM's are signed!  The old client RPMs I have in my CentOS 5 channel are signed. Unsigned RPMs are going to cause problems when kickstarting and installing new packages through Spacewalk.

I'm grabbing the client RPMs from here:

Am I missing something? Shouldn't these files need to be signed if they are to be used within a Spacewalk channel? I don't like the idea of my CentOS servers using any other source for RPMs other than Spacewalk.

Cheers
James Fillman