[Spacewalk-list] Unable to view packages on systems after upgrade to 1.6

Steve Kent skent at noblesys.com
Thu Jan 5 13:06:05 UTC 2012

I just performed an upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6. After the upgrade, I am
unable to view upgrades under software for any system. I can list the
packages, but when I select Upgrade, I get Internal Server Error. This is
the snip out of catalina.out with the error:

2012-01-05 08:03:07,676 [TP-Processor5] ERROR
com.redhat.rhn.common.db.datasource.CachedStatement - Error while
processing cached statement sql: SELECT  PN.id AS id,

        PN.id AS name_id,

        lookup_evr(((latest.evr)).epoch, (latest.evr).version,
(latest.evr).release) AS evr_id,

        latest.arch_id AS arch_id,

        (latest.evr).epoch AS epoch,

        (latest.evr).version AS version,

        (latest.evr).release AS release,

        PN.name AS name,

        PN.name ||'-'|| evr_t_as_vre_simple(latest.evr) || (CASE WHEN
latest.arch_id IS NULL THEN '' ELSE '.' || latest.arch_label END) AS
nvrea,

        PN.name ||'-'|| evr_t_as_vre_simple(PE.evr) || (CASE WHEN
SP.package_arch_id IS NULL THEN '' ELSE '.' || PA.label END) AS
installed_package,

        PN.id || '|' || lookup_evr((latest.evr).epoch,
(latest.evr).version, (latest.evr).release)|| '|' || latest.arch_id AS
id_combo

  FROM  rhnPackageName PN,

        rhnServerPackage SP

        INNER JOIN rhnPackageEVR PE on SP.evr_id = PE.id

        LEFT JOIN rhnPackageArch PA on SP.package_arch_id = PA.id,

        (

         SELECT  P.name_id AS name_id, MAX(PE.evr) evr,

                 P.package_arch_id as arch_id, PA.label as arch_label

          FROM   rhnServerNeededCache SNC inner join

                 rhnPackage P on SNC.package_Id = P.id inner join

                 rhnPackageEVR PE on P.evr_id = PE.id inner join

                 rhnPackageArch PA on PA.id = P.package_arch_id

          WHERE  SNC.server_id = ?

       GROUP BY  P.name_id, P.package_arch_id, PA.label

       ) latest

WHERE  latest.name_id = PN.id

   AND  SP.server_id = ?

   AND  SP.name_id = PN.id

   AND  (SP.package_arch_id IS NULL OR SP.package_arch_id =

                 -- If the server has more than one package of this name
installed

                 -- Then group by arch, otherwise just use whever is there

                 CASE WHEN (select 1 from rhnServerPackage sp2

                               where

                               sp2.name_id = latest.name_id and

                                sp2.server_id = ?

                                group by sp2.name_id having count(*) > 1

                        ) IS NOT NULL THEN latest.arch_id

                        ELSE SP.package_arch_id END

        )

ORDER BY  UPPER(PN.name)

com.redhat.rhn.common.db.WrappedSQLException: ORA-03113: end-of-file on
communication channel

Process ID: 0

Session ID: 382 Serial number: 39757

Thanks,

Steve Kent

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE : If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender by email at the address
shown above. This email may contain confidential or legally
privileged information that is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in this email. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance upon the contents
of this email is strictly prohibited. Please delete from your
files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your
compliance.