[Spacewalk-list] kickstart profiles resetting to 3GB disk, and vibr0

Tomas Lestach tlestach at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 15:16:46 UTC 2012

On Thursday 12 of January 2012 12:28:19 Ian Forde wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Tomas Lestach <tlestach at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 28 of December 2011 19:43:31 Ian Forde wrote:
> >> First of all, thanks for Spacewalk 1.6.  Lots-o-bugs fixed, including
> >> the "can't kickstart if you have the Provisioning entitlement" bug.
> >>
> >> I've got a strange one.  Periodically, all of my kickstart profiles
> >> revert to 3GB disk and Virtual Bridge vibr0.  All of them.  Very
> >> weird.  The number of virtual CPUs may also reset, but I'm not sure as
> >> I don't currently have any multi-CPU profiles.
> >
> > Could you describe, you you exactly do and after what time the change
> > happens? Do you write about kvm guest kickstart profiles?
> > How can I reproduce it?
>
> I didn't do anything - that's the strange thing.  At some point, they
> simply... revert.  I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue.  Is there
> anywhere where the vibr0 is set as a default that I can change?

Yes, there's a place, but it's hardcoded. This place definitelly isn't your
problem.
If you want us to investigate, please write, how did you set the values that
got changed - via WebUI (what page) or API and again, where did you see the
values have changed. Was it after or before the profiles were used for
provisioning?

Tomas Lestach
RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat