[Spacewalk-list] client registration issue

Christopher J Petrolino cpetrolino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 04:45:58 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out why I can't register
clients with my new spacewalk server. Here is what my /var/log/up2date
says -

[Sun Jan 15 23:41:43 2012] rhn_register
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhn_register", line 76, in ?
    app.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhncli.py", line 75, in run
    sys.exit(self.main() or 0)
  File "/usr/sbin/rhn_register", line 58, in main
    ui.main()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/tui.py", line 1266, in main
    tui.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/tui.py", line 1224, in run
    result = win.run()
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/tui.py", line 236, in run
    tui_call_wrapper(self.screen, rhnreg.getCaps)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/tui.py", line 86, in tui_call_wrapper
    FatalErrorWindow(screen, e.errmsg)
exceptions.AttributeError: SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError instance
has no attribute 'errmsg'

I *think* I have my ssl certs set correctly on both the client and the
server. Can anyone give me anyone suggest any troubleshooting tips?

thanks!

CJP