[Spacewalk-list] Custom repos / custom channels

Christopher J Petrolino cpetrolino at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:42:35 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

The list has hit it out of the park so far with helping me get an
understanding on spacewalk no I humbly have another question/issue
that I can't quite get my head wrapped around. I will use rpmforge as
an example. If I want to get a local copy of rpmforge setup on my
spacewalk server 'the end goal being that my prod network can't get to
the internet beyond the box that will have spacewalk on it' what is
the 'correct/recommended way of doing it?'
Do I understand the documentation correctly to state that I should
create the custom channel, then create a custom repo with the yum url,
link that repo to the channel and then sync the channel or am I
totally missing something here?

thanks,

CJP