[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.6 Database problem

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 14:38:10 UTC 2012

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, Scott Worthington wrote:

> John,
>
> If you do a bit of of additional tweaking and tinkering with your Spacewalk
> 1.6, and you  do find out what is bogging down your Spacewalk with
> postgresql database backend & successfully repair it, then please let us all
> know since it may help someone else with a similar issue.

Sorry, haven't been managing to keep up with the list recently.

The problem I have is that postgresql really isn't bogged down.  It's sat
idle with nothing to do, but with a number of transactions stuck in the idle
in transaction state.  I don't know how to debug what these transactions
*were*.

So performance is absolutely fine (all in noticeably faster than 1.5).  If I
add a shell script to clobber old idle in transaction processes the whole
thing appears to work perfectly, but that's clearly a big pile of grim.

jh