[Spacewalk-list] Proxy deleted from spacewalk

Hagberg, Keith Keith.Hagberg at FMR.com
Mon Jan 23 20:33:53 UTC 2012

Disregard this issue, it was related to poorly written code.

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Hagberg, Keith
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 2:44 PM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Proxy deleted from spacewalk

I am running Spacewalk 1.3 with an Oracle backend database.

I recently came across an issue were my spacewalk proxy server record was deleted from my spacewalk server.

Assume my proxy server is name abcde123.company.com

I rejoined the server to spacewalk and reactivated the proxy.

A short time later the proxy was gone again. At the time the proxy disappears another server named abcde1 was being built. When this server builds it deletes the proxy record. I recreated this several times to confirm that.

Building server with name abcde1

Removed all servers that started with abcde1 from spacewalk.

I Found this happened on more than one occasion.