[Spacewalk-list] [Spacewalk 1.6] Issues with activationkey during kickstart

Tomi Salmi tomisalmi123 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 10:29:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am also experiencing this same issue. The weird thing is that a
first-time bare-metal kickstart goes through without any problems. I
prestage the client in Cobbler, kick off a pxe boot, installation ok,
client gets registered in Spacewalk, osad works, the sun is shining and
love is in the air.

However, when I re-provision (koan) this system using the same kickstart
profile, it fails to re-register ending up with the same errors as David
has. I would imagine more people have experienced this issue, since it's
quite an important part of Spacewalk functionality.

Any ideas?

Setup:
Spacewalk 1.6
Proxy 1.6
Oracle 11g XE (did I take a leap of faith here?)

Best Regards,
Tomi Salmi