[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and rhn-actions-control

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Mon Jan 30 23:49:27 UTC 2012

Josh,

My kickstarts have the following four lines shortly after the
certificate installations:

mkdir -p /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/script
touch /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/script/all
mkdir -p /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/configfiles
touch /etc/sysconfig/rhn/allowed-actions/configfiles/all

These four lines should be added by the checkmarks for Enable Spacewalk
Configuration Management and Enable Spacewalk Remote Commands on the
System Details -> Details tab of the kickstart profile.

Jonathan

On 01/30/2012 02:00 PM, Josh Preston wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Just a quick question:
>
> When and/or where is the appropriate place to call rhn-actions-control
> during a kickstart / activation? (or similar mechanisms)
>
> I have the kickstart profile being just the base OS install; during
> kickstarting, the machine is assigned the correct activation key that
> updates channel memberships and adds packages as required.  I also
> have the Config File Deployment option checked and have selected the
> appropriate configuration channels.  Upon installation however, no
> config files are deployed.  When looking in spacewalk, I can see the
> install action is created properly but fails (in spacewalk) because of
> the rhn-actions-control settings are not kosher.
>
> During troubleshooting, I can simply reschedule the failed config
> deploy action, then on the server perform the rhn-actions-control
> --enable-all command followed by an rhn_check and viola!  Pay dirt.
>
> Ideally, this is performed during kickstarting/installation -- I'm
> assuming that I need to place an rhn-actions-control --enable-all
> somewhere, just not sure the ideal spot to place it.  Can I just put
> it in a post script?  My kickstart profile does not specify the
> "Tools" channel, instead it is a subscription added by the activation key.
>
> Please advise.

Jonathan DeHaan
Linux Systems Engineer