[Spacewalk-list] centos-errata.py and announcement list format changes

David Nutter davidn at bioss.ac.uk
Tue Jan 31 11:12:49 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:34:45PM +0100, David Hrbáč wrote:
> Dne 23.1.2012 12:24, David Nutter napsal(a):
> > OK, a new release (0.7) is out which should correct this problem.
> > Thanks to Stefan F??rster for reporting this issue and testing the
> > fix. http://www.bioss.ac.uk/staff/davidn/spacewalk-stuff/ Regards,
>
> David,
> Thanks, it works now for me. A few points:
> - I'm running it on C5, had to install C4 and C6 signing keys. Did not
> need to with previous version.

Odd. I don't think I check the signature anywhere, at least not
directly. Best advice is to run all pushes on Centos6 I guess.

We're still on 5 here so I must admit this aspect of the script is
somewhat untested.

> - Did not helped for C6, since C5 rpm is not capable to work with C6
> rpms. :o( So it imports the errata but keeps complaining:
> .....snip
> error: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature: BAD, key ID c105b9de
> process_pkg_file failed with exception error reading package header.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./centos-errata.py", line 1104, in processRPMFile
>     header = rpmQuery.hdrFromFdno(fd)
> error: error reading package header
> Warning: package
> /var/satellite/redhat/strace-4.5.19-1.11.el6_2.1.x86_64.rpm does not
> exist or cannot be read.
> Searching for package strace-4.5.19-1.11.el6_2.1.x86_64.rpm failed
> Skipping errata CEBA-2012:0028
> ......snip
>
> - I'm attaching the patch to work with mail-archive.

Great, thanks. I will apply that with a slight tweak  - first change
should be to the constant MessageMailArchive.MAILARCHIVE_BASE rather
than the string literal.

> - Are you willing to go to GitHub with script development?

Yes indeed! I should have done this months ago. I shall try and sort
out an account later on today and will post a further reply once I've
got everything working.

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
James Hutton Institute (JHI), a registered Scottish charity No. SC041796
and a company limited by guarantee No. SC374831