[Spacewalk-list] Unable to manage system groups as a normal user (set as admin of a group)

Jeremy Davis jdavis4102 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 21:52:57 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I have a test Spacewalk 1.6 installation setup and trying to manage servers
that I have been given admin rights to a user of two groups. I would like
to use SSM to manage what servers (Which I already have permissions to
manage) are in a certain group. These groups have the user that I am using
set as an admin. Why am I unable to manage these groups within SSM or even
in the system details package when I have admin over those groups? The only
way I can move servers to different groups is if I have group admin option
set but I then can see all groups which I do not want to see. I would think
that if you add a user to be an admin of that group you would be able to
remove or add servers to that group (if you are admin of that server set
via spacewalk). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your
time and have a great day!

Thanks,
Jeremy