[Spacewalk-list] Errata application and system reboot

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Mon Jul 2 15:09:20 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I am running Spacewalk 1.6 on a CentOS 6.2 system. I have about 70 systems registered to this server and most of them are CentOS 6.x clients with a few SLES 11.x. I am currently using the CentOS errata script from http://www.bioss.ac.uk/people/davidn/spacewalk-stuff/ and it is working almost flawlessly.

I have a quick question though.

Is there an easy way to find out if an errata requires a system reboot?

If yes, can anyone here explain how this is done or refer to any documentation on this? (I stumbled across this https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-devel/2012-April/msg00061.html, but I don't know where the need_reboot flag is in the errata)

If no, if I use the Spacewalk API to schedule errata (system.scheduleApplyErrata) to be applied to a system, and schedule a "system.scheduleReboot", will the order of these events remain the same and the reboot be performed after all the errata are applied?

Thanks,
Prakash