[Spacewalk-list] API listLatestUpgradablePackages returning too many packages

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Thu Jul 5 10:27:15 UTC 2012

Hello,

Spacewalk - 1.6

I am trying to use the "listLatestUpgradablePackages"  API call to install the latest available packages for a system. Here is the problem I am facing.

Both from the Spacewalk WebUI and using yum check-update on a client, I get the same set of updates as available, but the API returns a lot more packages. I think the extra packages are just different (lower) versions of what shows up through the WebUI. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I am referring to the script that Joshua Roys gracefully shared at "https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2010-June/msg00059.html".

Thanks,
Prakash