[Spacewalk-list] Squelch down TRACEBACK emails without turning them off?

rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net rhn-satellite at epperson.homelinux.net
Fri Jul 6 14:19:54 UTC 2012

We had a RHN Satellite whose Oracle database filesystem flipped to
read-only overnight.  It then sent RHN TRACEBACK messages a couple of
times a minute, with the core error noted below.  I had about 2700 of them
in my inbox when I checked in this morning.

Can anyone suggest a way to ratchet these down without turning them off
entirely?

I'm going to open a case with RH, but my trivial traceback email case
opened two weeks ago took a week to get the attention of someone who had a
clue of what the issue was, so I thought I'd ask here.

Smoking gun in the tracebacks:

  File "/usr/share/rhn/server/rhnSQL/driver_cx_Oracle.py", line 385, in
connect
    raise apply(sql_base.SQLConnectError, err_args)
SQLConnectError: (1033, 'ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in
progress\n', '<CENSORED!>', 'Connection_Connect(): begin session')