[Spacewalk-list] Script to push and sync configuration channels from one organisation to another

Winther, Hinrich hwinther at uni-mainz.de
Sun Jul 8 22:00:31 UTC 2012

Hello,

Since we needed to share and sync configuration channels between organisations we developed a little python script to do that. It is working quite well for some time now on our server so we decided to open source it.

It uses the xmlrpc web api and allows you to push one or more source channels in one or more organisations. If the destination channel already exists, the script will sync the destination channel to the exact status of the source channel.

You can find script and readme here: https://github.com/liob/config_spreader

Any feedback would be welcome.

Regards,
hwinther.