[Spacewalk-list] yum update does not see any new packages from a spacewalk server.

Eugene eugene at bct.bz
Tue Jul 10 18:51:27 UTC 2012

client
# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit,
              : rhnplugin
repo id                                   repo name                       status
adobe-linux-x86_64                        Adobe Systems Incorporated           2
fedora16-x86_64                           Fedora 16 (x86_64)              25,098
fedora16-x86_64-cinnamon                  Fedora 16 cinnamon (x86_64)          4
fedora16-x86_64-debug                     Fedora 16 Debug (x86_64)         5,659
fedora16-x86_64-rpmfusion                 Fedora 16 rpmfusion (x86_64)       428
fedora16-x86_64-rpmfusion-nonfree         Fedora 16 rpmfusion nonfree (x8    171
fedora16-x86_64-rpmfusion-nonfree-updates Fedora 16 rpmfusion nonfree upd    447
fedora16-x86_64-rpmfusion-updates         Fedora 16 rpmfusion updates (x8    894
fedora16-x86_64-updates                   Fedora 16 Updates (x86_64)      14,951
spacewalk-client                          Spacewalk Client Tools              21
repolist: 47,675

# yum list updates
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit,
              : rhnplugin

server
# ls -al /var/spool/rhn/repodata/*
ls: cannot access /var/spool/rhn/repodata/*: No such file or directory

>From 'Systems' page for the same client:
Software Updates Available    Packages: 66

Eugene.