[Spacewalk-list] RHEL 6 client fails to apply errata

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 08:24:57 UTC 2012

Pierre Casenove wrote:
% Hello list,
% My setup: Spacewalk 1.7 server. RHEL 6 Client with spacewalk 1.7
% packages installed.
% My problem is that some erratas, imported by rhn-clone-errata are
% marked as needed in spacewalk UI, but fails to apply on my client with
% error code:
% Client execution returned "Error while executing packages action:
% empty transaction [[6]]" (code -1)
%
% The errata that fails to apply is: RHSA-2012:1054. This errata is
% associated to these packages:
%  libtiff-3.9.4-6.el6_3-i686
% libtiff-3.9.4-6.el6_3-x86_64
%  libtiff-devel-3.9.4-6.el6_3-i686
% libtiff-devel-3.9.4-6.el6_3-x86_64
%
% On my client, I have these packages already installed:
%
% ~ $ rpm -qa | grep libtiff
% libtiff-3.9.4-5.el6_2.x86_64 --> So the package should be updated
%
% ~$ yum update libtiff
% Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, security, subscription-manager
% Updating certificate-based repositories.
% Unable to read consumer identity
% Setting up Update Process
% No Packages marked for Update

It looks like yum can't see new libtiff in any repository.
 yum list libtiff --showduplicates
Aren't there stale metadata in yum's cache?
 yum clean all
 yum update libtiff
Or maybe something went wrong with yum metadata generation on the
spacewalk server (taskomatic failed?).
 xmllint -format /var/cache/rhn/repodata/<channel_label>/primary.xml.gz | grep libtiff-3.9.4-6.el6_3

% And finally, here is the trace when scheduling errata deployment and
% running rhn_check -vvvv
%
% D: rpcServer: Calling XMLRPC errata.getErrataInfo
% D: Called update[['libtiff', '3.9.4', '6.el6_3', '', 'x86_64']]
% D: Sending back response((6,), 'Error while executing packages action:
% empty transaction', {})
%
% Thanks in advance for your help,
%