[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy 1.7 on RHEL 6 .. 'Operation too slow'

Igor Widlinski iwidlinski at incomm.com
Mon Jul 16 23:09:25 UTC 2012

Hey,

I just recently did a fresh installation of Spacewalk Proxy 1.7 on
RHEL6. Now when I do 'yum makecache' or 'yum update' the client will
timeout with 'Operation too slow' on some repositories. The repositories
that time out are actually quite big (30mb+, and take over 60 secs to
download as this is happening over slow connection).

Previously we had Spacewalk Proxy 1.7 on RHEL5, and we would see the
normal hashes (####) when the files were being downloaded, these are no
longer happening... just something I noticed.

Not sure what is happening here, I was thinking something up with squid,
but I can not locate the issue. Is anybody else having similar
problem???

Here is a log when yum makecache is run.

[root at xxx rhsm]# yum makecache

Loaded plugins: product-id, rhnplugin, subscription-manager

Updating certificate-based repositories.

dw-rhel6-x86-extras
|  871 B     00:00

dw-rhel6-x86-extras/other
| 7.0 kB     00:00

dw-x86-dell
|  871 B     00:00

dw-x86-dell/other
| 5.3 kB     00:00

rhel-i386-server-6
| 1.1 kB     00:00

rhel-i386-server-optional-6
|  871 B     00:00

rhel-i386-server-optional-6/filelists
| 5.3 MB     00:00

rhel-i386-server-supplementary-6
| 1.1 kB     00:00

rhel-i386-server-supplementary-6/filelists
| 725 kB     00:00

rhel-i386-server-supplementary-6/updateinfo
|  32 kB     00:00

rhel-i386-server-supplementary-6/other
|  55 kB     00:00

spacewalk-client
|  871 B     00:00

spacewalk-client/filelists
| 5.8 kB     00:00

spacewalk-client/other
| 142 kB     00:00

spacewalk-client-1.4
|  871 B     00:00

spacewalk-client-1.4/filelists
| 5.9 kB     00:00

spacewalk-client-1.4/other
| 113 kB     00:00

tools-rhel-i386-server-6
|  871 B     00:00

tools-rhel-i386-server-6/filelists
|  32 kB     00:00

tools-rhel-i386-server-6/other
| 127 kB     00:00

Error: failed to retrieve repodata/filelists.xml.gz from
rhel-i386-server-6

error was [Errno 12] Timeout on
http://sysman3/XMLRPC/GET-REQ/rhel-i386-server-6/repodata/filelists.xml.
gz: (28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transfered the last
60 seconds')

Thanks in advance.