[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Errata Alert from EPEL

Paulo Silva paulojjs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:27:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using spacewalk 1.7. The problem is that I haven't applied the erratas
to my system but I would like to be warned about them only once, is this
possible?

The email has a subject like "Spacewalk Errata Alert: FEDORA-EPEL-2010-2633
- perl-Net-SSH-0.09-4.el5" and it's content is something like this:

Spacewalk has determined that the following advisory is applicable to
one or more of the systems you have registered:

Complete information about this errata can be found at the following
location:
     https://xxx/rhn/errata/details/Details.do?eid=4147

Product Enhancement Advisory - FEDORA-EPEL-2010-2633

  This module implements a Perl interface to ssh. It is a simple wrapper
around the system `ssh' command. For an all-perl implementation that does
not require the system `ssh' command, see Net::SSH::Perl.

---------------------
Affected Systems List
---------------------
This Errata Advisory may apply to the systems listed below. If you know that
this errata does not apply to a system listed, it might be possible that the
package profile for that server is out of date. In that case you should run
'up2date -p' (RHEL 4 and below) or 'rhn-profile-sync' (RHEL 5 and above) as
root on the system in question to refresh your software profile.

There is 1 affected system registered in 'Overview' (only systems for
which you have explicitly enabled Errata Alerts are shown).

Release    Arch       Profile Name
---------- ---------- ---------------------------------------------
5          i686       xxx

You may address the issues outlined in this advisory in two ways:

     - select your server name by clicking on its name from the list
       available at the following location, and then schedule an
       errata update for it:
           https://xxx/rhn/systems/Overview.do

     - run the Update Agent on each affected server.

Changing Notification Preferences
To enable/disable your Errata Alert preferences globally please log in to
Spacewalk
and navigate from "Overview" / "Your Account" to the "Preferences" tab.

You can also enable/disable notification on a per system basis by selecting
an
individual system from the "Systems List". From the individual system view
click the "Details" tab.
--
Paulo Silva <paulojjs at gmail.com>