[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk + Kickstart getting started questions

visinix the great visinix at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:53:24 UTC 2012

Also, here is my 'cobbler check'

[root at spacewalk ~]# cobbler check
The following are potential configuration items that you may want to fix:

1 : debmirror package is not installed, it will be required to manage
debian deployments and repositories
2 : The default password used by the sample templates for newly installed
machines (default_password_crypted in /etc/cobbler/settings) is still set
to 'cobbler' and should be changed, try: "openssl passwd -1 -salt
'random-phrase-here' 'your-password-here'" to generate new one
3 : fencing tools were not found, and are required to use the (optional)
power management features. install cman or fence-agents to use them

Restart cobblerd and then run 'cobbler sync' to apply changes.

Nothing out of the ordinary that should be a show stopper in my opinion.

Thanks,
Charlie